It is very important to clean your glass after the initial 3 hours of burn time. Failure to do so can cause permanent etching of your glass.
1) Make sure your glass is completely cooled. It is also recommended to turn the gas off when servicing your appliance.
2) Remove the front face or louvers of your fireplace; carefully remove the glass assembly of your fireplace (following the instructions in your manual) and lay it on a soft surface.
3) Wipe both sides with household glass cleaner (do not use a product with ammonia), using a soft cloth.
4) For heavy deposits, use Stove Bright Glass Cleaner , Rutland White Off Glass Cleaner, or other hard water deposit glass cleaner recommended by your servicing dealer.
5) Carefully replace glass on front of fireplace (following the instructions in your manual), making sure glass assembly and front are secured.
6) After this initial cleaning, clean your glass as often as necessary, particularly if adding new ember material.
Never use any abrasive cleaners or cloths to clean your glass. Scratching can cause the glass to shatter.