605-339-0775

1217 W 41st Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57105

Connect with us!
     

Home   >   Customer Resources   >   Common Questions   >   Fireplace Safety
Fireplace Safety
Fireplace Safety

When enjoying your fireplace, stove or insert, it’s important to remember these basic safety precautions:

  • Fireplaces, stoves and inserts, become hot during operation whether they burn gas, pellets or wood. Keep clothing, furniture, draperies and other flammable materials a safe distance away.
  • Fireplace glass and other surfaces get extremely HOT and can cause burns if touched. Factory-provided protective safety screens, or aftermarket free-standing screens or barriers help to reduce the risk of serious burns, as they can prevent skin from coming into direct contact with the glass or fire. However, screens also retain heat so touching them is not advised.
  • Keep children away from fireplaces, stoves and inserts. All parts of these appliances get extremely hot and should be treated with caution. Supervise children and pets to ensure they stay a safe distance away.
  • Fireplaces, stoves and inserts (and their surrounding material) will remain hot for a period of time after being turned off, so caution should be used at all times.

Home | Contact Us | Sitemap | © 2017 Fireplace Professionals All Rights Reserved | Legal & Privacy Policy | Powered by SterlingEMarketing
1217 W 41st Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57105
605-339-0775